Restoration and Repairs
Our highly trained luthiers have studied violin and bow restoration with masters of the trade and have over a decade of experience restoring and repairing violins.
- To provide honest, expert advice on repairs and restorations
- To take the time and care needed to ensure the instruments enduring quality
- To set up and adjust each instrument for maximum tonal response
- To return your instrument as quickly as possible
(loaners may be available for extended repairs)
We provide appraisals on request for instruments and bows.
All work is guaranteed.
- Peg refitting
- Bridge cutting and refitting
- Soundpost fitting and adjustment
- Fingerboard planing
- Recutting or replacement of upper and lower saddles
- Major and minor touch up and varnishing
- Neck resetting
- Crack repair with interior cleating
- Bassbar replacement
- Replacing interior blocks or linings
- Other restorations as needed
Restorations include headsplines, new bone tips, screw and eyelet replacement and, of course, fine bow rehairing.
- Violin Institute at University of New Hampshire
- Horst Klauss, Master Violin Maker
- Lynn Hannings, Master Bow Maker
- Hans Nebel, Master Violin Maker
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts